Tikka Masala-Sloppy Joe Fusion
- 1 bottle of wine (optional)2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small shallot chopped5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 lb of ground turkey or chicken1
- 12-15oz jar of Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (optional)8 hamburger buns
- Pour a glass of wine and start sipping! You’ve earned it.
- Cut all vegetables and toppings.
- Heat pan at medium high heat, add olive oil, garlic and small shallots. Heat until fragrant and starting to change color.
- Refill your glass of wine.
- Add ground turkey/chicken, break up and brown. Once browned, add tikka masala sauce. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until it has thickened, and add optional soy sauce and stir.
- Assemble the sloppy tikkas however you’d like to.
I decorated my Sloppy Tikka with sliced jalapeños, fresh chopped shallots, lime juice, cilantro, mint, Zhoug Sauce, and a mango ginger chutney! Other ideas are crispy fried onions, red onions, and scallions or cilantro chutney.