Raf and I had a chance to do our own #Flipyourlid video. I had a lot of fun creating it with the crew who shot it. It is the second one in the series.
While my husband loves to recycle, he doesn’t like to be in front of the camera. I know he only did it for me and the environment. It was great to see him step outside of his comfort zone and bring attention to his brilliance. He was hilarious.
During the month of June, I’m challenging you to “Flip Your Lid” and expose what’s in your recycling bin. Tag us. Let’s have some fun!
Here is how it works:
- On the day of your recycling pick-up, or the day before, take a video of yourself opening your recycling bin.
- Go through the contents of your recycling bin, making sure to show them on video.
- Share your video with Asheville GreenWorks by emailing it to email@example.com and/or posting it on Facebook with the hashtag #FlipYourLid and tagging @theashevilleview @ashevillegreenworks. Post to Instagram and tag us @avlgreenworks @theashevilleview
Recycling is important, and when done right we are collectively:
- Reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserving natural resources such as timber, water and minerals
- Preventing pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saving energy
- Helping create jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries in the United States